From scratch!

Tonight's dinner party was a success!  I made several things I had never done before:  Homemade caramel sauce, homemade whipped cream and homemade marinara sauce.  So very very good.  The caramel apple cheesecake was incredible and I definitely heard people say that it was the best they'd ever had.  I take joy in the fact that my kitchen is clean thanks to Rusty and Lauren who loaded my dishwasher and then washed the rest of the dishes by hand.  What a blessing they were for that!  I have LOADS of leftovers (apparently, I made enough for 15, not 10!) and am looking forward to eating on them the rest of the week.  Yum.

I had to do errands today after church, so I headed off.  As I was driving, the biggest most beautiful snowflakes started falling.  They were incredible.  I walked in and out of Staples with my tongue out, catching as many as I could!  When was the last time you did that?  I turn 29 in one week and am very proud to act like I'm about to turn 9.  It keeps me young.  I love finding joy in the little things...clean dishes, giant snowflakes, friends laughing over Italian food and a glass of wine.  What little things do you find joy in?

0 comments:

Post a Comment